(The newest articles on the top)
- Tax Benefits of 529 Savings Plans
State-sponsored 529 Savings plans, offering federal and state income tax benefits, can help parents maximize savings in preparation for paying for their children’s education.... more
- The Importance of Continuing to Save for Retirement Even When You’re...
Spousal IRAs permit non-working spouses a way to continue to save and receive tax benefits even when taking a break from employment.... more
- How Reverse Mortgages Work
Senior homeowners can defer interest payments and access the equity in their home through these types of mortgages that provide a source of cash after retirement.... more
- The Importance of Maintaining a Low Credit Utilization Ratio
The percentage of revolving credit you use can impact your credit score just as much as paying on time, even if you pay all of your balances in full each month.... more
- How Taking Inventory of Your Finances Now Can Pay Off in...
Now is the time to review your tax filing situation and make adjustments, such as maximizing your retirement plan contributions, in view of changes enacted at the end of 2017.... more
- Be Aware of the Latest Fraud Tactics
The newest cybercrime tactic, used to impersonate the IRS and defraud individuals and organizations, involves using tax transcripts that are infected with malware.... more
- Ways to Use Your Credit Cards Wisely
Whether it is building up airline miles or lowering interest rates, choosing and using your credit cards wisely can positively impact your debt management and your credit rating.... more
- Why Stay at Home Parents Should Consider Spousal IRAs
Spousal IRAs allow someone who is working to contribute retirement savings on behalf of a non-working spouse, or a spouse whose income is minimal.... more
- Be Careful What You Share on Social Media
Cybercriminals are utilizing surveys and quizzes on social media to obtain your personal information, such as passwords, that could lead to hacked accounts or identity theft.... more
- Basics About Charge-Offs and Why You Want to Avoid Them
Charge-offs can affect your good credit rating, and remain on your credit report for up to seven years, even if your debt is ultimately paid off by a collection agency.... more
- Why You May Want to Consider Exchange Traded Funds
One major benefit of investing in Exchange Traded Funds is they provide a less expensive and lower risk way to invest in diversified stocks.... more
- A Look at Some Popular Types of Trusts
Various types of trusts are available to assist you in maintaining control of your assets during your lifetime, shielding them from probate, or reducing estate and gift taxes.... more
- The Impact of Divorce on Financial Aid
Did you know that a parent's divorce, separation, custodial status, or remarriage may impact the amount of financial aid your college student can qualify for?... more
- Are You Saving Enough for Retirement?
Do you have enough saved for the retirement lifestyle you will want? Learn what to factor in and how to calculate the savings you will need when the time comes.... more
- The Importance of a Rainy Day Fund
Do you have a six-month emergency savings fund? Most Americans don't, but financial advisors recommend that you prepare for the unexpected.... more
- Maximizing Social Security Benefits for Married Couples
Determining when to take Social Security is an important financial decision, impacting not only how much your benefit will be, but also the amount of your spouse's benefit.... more
- Why You May Want to Consider Establishing a Trust
No longer just for wealthy families, trusts can be utilized to transfer assets without the delays of probate, and to reduce estate and gift taxes.... more
- The Importance of Planning for the Worst
The importance of having a will cannot be over emphasized, particularly for anyone who is married or a parent.... more
- Why You May Want to Increase Your Insurance Coverage
There are so many different types of insurance and so many various plans and coverage for each. Researching for the best plan that suits you and your needs is important.... more
- Things to Consider if You Have Student Debt
Got student debt? Here are a few things to consider when trying and pay your student debt down quicker.... more
- Why ETFs Can be an Appealing Way of Accessing Stocks
If your goal is access to a diversified portfolio of stocks, ETFs can be a good way to achieve this.... more
- Why You Should Access an Industry Specific FICO Score Before Borrowing
Do you know about your multiple different credit scores? A lot of people do not realize that you have different credit scores that are specific to different types of loans.... more
- What You Should Know About Medical Savings Accounts for Medicare Holders
A Medical Savings Account could be the answer for Medicare holders.... more
- Proactively Manage Your Credit
It is important to take steps to proactively manage your credit. Here are a few simple steps you can take to help improve your credit.... more
- The Importance of Teaching Kids to Save Money
Teaching your children about money at an early age is very important. That includes cash, credit and debit cards and how they work.... more
- A Few Ways to Boost Your Credit Score
You need decent credit for pretty much everything. Learning how to improve and boost your credit score is a responsible thing to do.... more
- What You Should Know About Self-Directed IRAs Besides the Fact That...
Are Self-Directed IRA's right for you? Learn some of the facts about them and see if they would be beneficial to your investing portfolio.... more
- Watch Out for Automatic Renewals
One major way to save some extra money is canceling your automatic renewals. There are probably a handful of subscriptions that were once free that you now are paying for without realizing.... more
- A Few Things to Consider on the Financial Front Before Getting...
If divorce is in your future, there are some things to keep in mind when it comes to your finances before splitting up.... more
- Whom Should You Name as a Trustee?
Who will you name as your trustee?... more
- What are Digital IRAs and Should You Use One?
If you are interested in investing in cryptocurrencies then doing so through digital IRAs is the safest choice. Buying shares through that creates a tax shield for profits earned on an investment as well.... more
- What is Bitcoin and Should You Invest in It?
Bitcoin is a digital alternative to cash. Now with its increasing popularity, it can be used as a method of payment and can purchase certain goods or even to make investments.... more
- The 411 on 401(k) Plans
When it comes to retirement savings, it doesn't get any simpler than a 401(k).... more
- Why You May Want to Consider a Roth IRA for Your...
you can jumpstart your child's retirement savings by contributing to a Roth IRA beginning in their childhood.... more
- Simple Ways to Boost Your Savings
There are several things you can do to help increase the amount you are able to save for the future without going to crazy extremes to make it happen.... more
- Why Younger Americans Shouldn’t Count on Social Security When Planning for...
The Social Security program has declined so much. The younger generations should not be counting on any significant payouts down the road.... more
- Does Your Homeowners Policy Adequately Cover Your Personal Property?
Everyone should have homeowners insurance, which usually covers everything you keep inside of your home.... more
- What You Should Know About Social Security Benefits and Taxes
A common misconception is that when you retire, taxes go away. Unfortunately, they don't. Factoring taxes into your retirement plan is a necessity.... more
- Few Americans' College Savings Match Their Goals
The majority of Americans plan to cover a good portion of the cost of their child's college education. Most will fall short of their goals if they do not seriously step it up... more
- The Importance of Good Credit
Learning about and managing your credit score will be extremely beneficial.... more
- Reasons to Consider Setting Up a Trust
A Trust can make it much easier for your heirs to redeem the assets left to them once you pass. Check with your financial advisor if a Trust will be beneficial to you.... more
- Reverse Mortgages - What They Are and How They Work
A reverse mortgage can be an attractive option for older individuals. If you have a lot of equity built up in your home but not much money saved to live off of this could be your answer.... more
- How to Avoid Spending Too Much of Your Salary
Creating a budget based on your income, routine expenses, and any money left over can be very useful.... more
- What You Should Know About Long-Term Care Insurance
Americans are living longer than any other point in history which means that you should give serious consideration to purchasing long-term health care insurance well before reaching retirement age.... more
- Why You Should Consider a Financial Advisor to Map Out Your...
Seeking help from a financial advisor can offer you a peace of mind for your retirement.... more
- Long-Term Planning for Special Needs Children
Long-term planning for a special needs child leaves a lot to be considered. Plan ahead accordingly to solidify the needs of your child long after you're gone.... more
- The Benefits of Knowing Lending Rates Before Buying a Car
. By making a quick stop to your bank you can find out your options for a better interest rate and ultimately save you money.... more
- What is Medicare Supplement Insurance, and Do You Need it?
While Medicare will cover many of your medical expenses, the odds are pretty good that it won't cover all of them so you may want to consider Medicare Supplement Insurance.... more
- The Importance of Reviewing Your Financial Plan Each Year
Finical planning is something that needs to be checked and reviewed often, don't make the mistake of forgetting about it.... more
- How to Teach Kids About Credit
Children are like sponges, so take advantage of their willingness to learn and start to teach them about how credit works while they are young.... more
- Estate Planning for Single Parents
Estate planning is essential, however, when you are a single parent it is crucial. There are various tasks that are vital to your children's well being should you die unexpectedly before they are old enough to care for themselves.... more